The holidays are a time for family, friends, and of course, food. But if you're still sweating in your summer shorts and don't really want to think about the holidays or seasonal content your missing out. It's a well-known fact that Pinterest loves holiday seasonal content. Pinners start pinning typically a month or two in advance of seasonal holidays. Pinterest takes 2-3 months to rank your scheduled pins out so you need to leave your account enough leeway to make the necessary adjustments.
This sounds more confusing than it is. I am laying it out here for you with 5 Pinterest secrets to get your seasonal content out on time.
Secrets to Using Pinterest for Seasonal Holiday Content.
1. The best time to start using Pinterest for your holiday content is now! Creating boards dedicated to your holiday themes and populating them with pins related to those themes is a great way to get started.
2. Make use of Pinterest's powerful search features to find the best holiday content to start your boards off. You can use keywords to search for specific pins, or you can browse through the Holiday section of the site.
3. Use rich pins to make your holiday content more engaging and informative. Rich pins include extra information about the pin, such as the price of an item or the ingredients in a recipe.
4. Be sure to include a call to action in your posts, so that people know what you want them to do with the information you're sharing. For example, if you're sharing a holiday recipe, you might include a call to action like "Try this recipe for your next holiday party!"
5. Use attractive visuals in your pins, such as photos or graphics. People are more likely to click on and share pins that are visually appealing.
By following these tips, you can make sure that your holiday content stands out on Pinterest. With a little effort, you can attract new followers too!
Don't have the time to do this yourself and want to still see it finished? Consider hiring a Pinterest manager today to get started working on your seasonal content!
How to Use Pinterest for the Upcoming Holiday Season
1. Pinning ahead of a holiday or event is very important on Pinterest. It takes 2-3 months for a scheduled pin to rank with the algorithm. If you pin from an outside site using the pin it now button, it will rank a bit faster. (Ranking means it's going to be seen in the search feed.)